In the mood for chocolate? Here’s something that will satisfy any chocolate craving. Once I start eating these, I have a hard time stopping.
As promised, here is the recipe for my favorite chocolate shortbread. It’s not quite as dense as traditional shortbread, but still just as delicious and easy to make, especially if you are in the mood for chocolate. These would be great served with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
Adapted from Chocolate & Vanilla by Gale Gand
Yield: 24 pieces
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups, plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar several minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
2. Gradually add in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until a thick dough forms.
3. On a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, work dough into an 8 x 12 inch rectangle. Prick the surface all over with a fork to allow steam to escape while baking.
4. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until mostly dry. Immediately cut into 24 rectangles. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Delicious served with a light dusting of powdered sugar.